Parent Code of Conduct
- I will not force an unwilling child to participate in sports.
- I will teach my child that honest effort is as important as victory, so that the result of each game is accepted without too much disappointment.
- I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good plays by our team and by an member of the opposing team.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules.
- I will try to turn a defeat into a victory by helping my child work towards over-all development and good sportsmanship. I will never ridicule nor yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a game.
- I will not publicly question the official's judgement and never their honesty.
- I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse.
- I will recognize the importance of volunteer coaches. If I am dissatisfied with a coach, I will talk with him privately.
- I will strive to support my child's involvement in sports and to maintain a realistic expectation about his environment.
- I will remember that I am a youth sport parent and that the game is for the children, not the adults.
- I agree to volunteer at my child's home games (gate, concessions, chain crew, etc.)
- I agree not to use any tobacco or alcohol products around any youth at any SWRYF events.
- I agree to not approach the sideline during games unless directed by the coach.
Parent's Liability Waiver
I acknowledge that I am fully aware of the potential dangers of participation in any sport and I fully understand that participation in football or cheerleading may result in SERIOUS INJURIES, PARALYSIS, PERMANENT DISABILITY AND/OR DEATH. Furthermore, I fully acknowledge and understand that protective equipment does not prevent all participant injuries, and therefore I do hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless the Southwestern Randolph Youth Football, CCYFL, AAU, and any and all organizers, sponsors, supervisors, participants, and persons transporting the above names participant to and from activities, from any claim arising out of any injury to my/our child whether the result of negligence or for any other cause.
I agree to assume full responsibility for any and all equipment/uniforms loaned to the above named participant and I agree to promptly return, upon request, the uniform and other equipment issued to the above names participant in as good condition as when received except for normal wear and tear. If I fail to adhere to this policy, I will be responsible for the replacement cost of such equipment.