Coaches Code of Conduct
I hereby Pledge to live up to my CCYFL certification and to the Code of Ethics set forth by Southwestern Randolph Youth Football.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
- I will promise to review and practice the basic first aid principles needed to treat injuries of my players.
- I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
- I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
- I will provide a ports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and i will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will be knowledgeable in the rules of each sport that I coach, and i will teach these rules to my players.
- I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills I teach.
- I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that the game is for children and not adults.